Thursday, December 9, 2010

I love December.

I love December for all the fun times and food. I'll start with the good stuff here...the food.
I made these little beauties for young women's one night. We had game night and treats.I made this dessert for Cor and I on Sunday night once the kids were in bed. It was a pear poached in a liquid of different juices and sugar. Then there's a sorbet on top with almonds and drizzled with white and semi-sweet chocolate. It was very easy and tasted great! Thank you Taste of Home!We painted on Saturday and just decided to do so on Friday night. And thankfully child labor is really cheap so we lucked out:) We are going to eventually paint our whole house so we started with the red wall that I painted when I was pregnant with Spencer and here we have Spencer painting over it. I guess we've come full circle..lol!

Spencer had a field trip to the Christmas village in downtown Ogden. It was really fun, but it was so cold. And after about 15 minutes we had 2 homeless guys start following our preschool group on our tour with Mrs. Claus. It got a little sketchy, but it's a rough part of town so it's to be expected. Spencer got to visit with Mrs. Claus at the end and she gave him a little bag full of treats.Cory calls me on Monday night as he's leaving work at 6 and says someone just handed him 2 tickets to the Jazz game that night that starts at 7 p.m. They were on the 7th row so I said hurry home and you and Parker can go. They always have to get a churro when they go:)So here is Parker harassing the Jazz Bear he grabbed his tail and then ran and sat by Cory and the Bear came and sprayed them down with some silly string. Parker was loving it!