Thursday, April 28, 2011

Say What?

I will keep this brief because the subject has completely exhausted me this week. We are NOT moving! Cory now has the opportunity (as of Wednesday morning) to be Sales Manager in the N. Salt Lake office. For us we get the best of both worlds he gets the promotion and we don't have to move.

We are very excited to stay. We love our neighborhood, friends, schools, and ward. We love the idea of resuming our normal lives and not uprooting our kids from the only house they've ever known. There are a lot of boxes packed, but that's an easy thing to undo. I have been busy all week with the help of my mother-in-law cleaning and packing and getting our kitchen, dining room, and hallway ready to paint.

As I type this I remember last week I was working on getting Mataya's room "ready" in the sense that it's decluttered and presentable for an interested buyer. I put everything in place, it was clean and cute and girly. I then took a bunch of pictures at every possible angle so I could remember it all after we moved! Sad...I'm very sentimental. How could I leave this house without a picture to remember what her closet looked like?...LOL! Tonight Mataya opened her closest and said, "all gone!"

I'm not cleaning or packing or doing anything that resembles hard labor tomorrow. I'm going shopping with Mataya. Not grocery shopping....real shopping!