Friday, October 7, 2011

Deer Hunt 2011.

It's that time of year again! Cory has had a lot of stress in his life lately so hunting came at a perfect time. He got to go for almost a full 5 days. He loves it deeply. He loves the whole experience, the mountains, fresh air, sleeping with nature, carrying around a gun, and general manliness. And he is gone again this week to Bear Lake for an executive management retreat. So....I'm alone again. But I did get to have a very enjoyable evening with the bishopric and their wives. This was planned a while back before Cory knew he would be gone. I thought about not going, but I really didn't want to miss out on going to dinner with them and playing games. They are such a fun group of people. There was 9 of us and a few babies so it was all good!


Cory in his full gear. I love how he gets all giddy pulling out all his hunting stuff. He was showing me how his binoculars, which are strapped to his chest, have a cover over them so they don't get dusty. And he has all kinds of gadgets and gear that make hunting more enjoyable.











Parker got to go up with him Friday after school. He is just like his dad, he loves to be outside and is up for any adventure.





Cory hoisted Parker up to the branch of this tree.


It was pretty high off the ground. He said he had to lift him up over his head to get him up there. I think it's a way cool picture!





Very cool picture with the rainbow!


I'm glad that Cory got to go hunting (because he loves it) and that Parker could be there to spend time with him. Cory makes a lot of sacrifices for our family and I appreciate him so much. We love the times when he is home and we get to laugh and play together.


Mataya will ask me most days during the day "where's Daddy?" Then she will answer her own question and say with the utmost assurance, "Daddy's at church." Lol! He is there a lot and we love him for it!