Monday, September 7, 2009

a conversation with grandpa blackwell

Parker made it through his first week of Kindergarten. He wasn't sure if he liked it the first few days, but by Friday he decided that he loved everything about school. I think it's going to be a great year. He got off the bus and said, "I sat by someone, I sat by someone it was Megan!" He was so excited to sit by someone on the way home. We got to spend some time with family over the weekend and my dad had a conversation with Parker that went something like this:

Grandpa "How's school Parker?"
Parker "Good."
Grandpa "How many kids are in your class?"
Parker "27."
Grandpa "Is there another Parker in your class?"
Parker "Yes."
Grandpa "Is there another Parker Jones?"
Parker "No."
Grandpa "Are you the tallest boy?"
Parker "No....but I'm sure that I am the smartest!"

Parker will be teaching self-confidence seminars in the near future if any of you are interested:)