Monday, September 28, 2009

saturday is a special day

Our Saturday started out with a bang. First it was off to the bike and safety fair. When Parker heard that he could take his bike and ride it through an obstacle course...he was there.
Parker did this about 13 times....he would go and just get right back in line. Spencer sat safely by my side eating chips and popcorn. It all started out innocently enough. I was looking for an attachment to my vacuum so I asked Cory to move our couches to see if it was under there. That led to cleaning under the couches and then taking all my decorations outside and dusting and washing them. That led to cleaning off the kitchen cabinets and then somehow I was on the ledge over the dining room cleaning away. It turned into an all day cleaning event, but when we were done it felt awesome. I don't think our house had ever been that clean in the almost 6 years that we've lived here....now if we could just paint we would be in business:)
The boys love it when the ladders make an appearance in the house it provides hours of entertainment. I love our vaulted ceilings, but cleaning them....ugh!