Thursday, July 1, 2010

back home.

We got back yesterday from a trip to South Dakota for a wedding and to see family. It was a very fun time. We did TONS of great stuff that I took several hundred pictures of that I will hopefully post as soon as I can. We are in the middle of a complete backyard makeover that is nearing completion so we've been busy with that. We are getting concrete work done tomorrow that we are most excited about!
We stayed the night in Casper, WY two nights ago and woke up Wed. morning to head home and Spencer said his tummy hurt. I wasn't too concerned because he didn't get a lot of sleep and I just thought he was tired and worn out. We are on our way and we stopped at a Subway about 1 hour from home and we are having lunch and Parker gets up to go to the bathroom. A few minutes later we hear banging on the door and a crying, panicked Parker is locked in there and he's desperately trying to get out. It was a crappy door knob and lock and they didn't even have a key for the door. Cory was fully prepared to body check the door, when Parker got it open and he was a little shaken. The manager came over to console him and we walked out of there with 3 big sugar cookies for all the drama! I guess being 6 and getting locked in a bathroom is a big deal. Maybe he was afraid we would leave him or something, I don't know. I also learned on this trip that it is a VERY big deal if you break a Kit Kat for your 4 year old. Because he CAN do it by himself and he was deeply hurt and mad that I did it for him and it took him a while to get over it.
So we are nearing the end of our trip and Spencer throws up.....nice! We pull over and I clean him up the best I can and we make our way home.
Well, it's nice to be home! Laundry, cleaning and doing nothing are on the agenda.....oh and I'm running a half-marathon on Saturday...so I guess that's a little more than doing nothing.