Thursday, June 17, 2010

a pink tutu and cupcakes.

Birthday cake monster!
We celebrated Mataya's 1st birthday. We had a fun party at the park complete with games, bubbles, food, cupcakes, and great company.
The party girl in her pink tutu. Yummy cupcakes....brought to you by Betty Crocker. That lady knows what she's doing in the baking department.
Perfect weather! Mataya just crawled around as happy as ever. She had a doctor appointment the day before where she had her heel pricked and 5 shots! But she didn't act any different than usual, just a mellow, sweet little girl. Lexi came and found a comfortable spot at the table with some fruit and dip:) Parker and Madison blowing bubbles for Mataya. This cake was so much grander in my head. But my day consisted of swim lessons, birthday shopping, visiting teaching, present wrapping, cake baking, and keeping my head from exploding! And I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I was set apart as a Relief Society Instructor on Sunday. So this is the cake. Parker attempted to hold it on his lap on the way to the park, but Mataya reached over and grabbed the cake right above the flower on the left......So I want Mataya to know the appearance of this cake in no way reflects my love and adoration for her!
No trip to the park with cousins would be complete without Parker being buried in the sand up to his neck. And him screaming, "Mom, come take my picture!"Mataya had a very serious look on her face when we were singing "Happy Birthday" to her. I personally think she had her game face on and she was gearing up for a cake throw down.
She was double-fisting it! She couldn't take bites fast enough. We got all the kids to pick a present and open it for Mataya. It worked out great:)