Monday, March 7, 2011

out of the frying pan...into the fire!

So two weeks ago I was really stressed with life and my calling. We had a super busy weekend with Melissa's baby shower and the next day I had 3 meetings for young women's and trek. I just felt like I was running around like a crazy person barely getting by. The next day I get a phone call saying that the stake president wants to meet with me and Cory the following Wednesday. Those phone calls are scary! Cory tried to convince me it was for me, but I thought it was him.
We go on Wednesday (Feb 23rd) and meet with the entire stake presidency. And he extends a call to Cory to be the first counselor in the bishopric of a new ward. At first I'm thinking a singles ward or something, but then he tells us they are rearranging the boundaries of 5 wards and creating a new ward. It was an incredible experience and I'm grateful for these men and their words of counsel and their strong testimonies.
They didn't even tell us who the bishop was we had to walk into the high council room to find out. It is Jared Jones and we love him and his sweet wife so we cried and hugged (okay I cried:). Then we went in a room and talked and got to see the new ward boundaries and it was very shocking for our ward. And the worst part was we had to keep it a secret for almost 2 weeks. That was very difficult.
It was very hard to carry on at young women's and mutual night knowing that I would no longer be the 1st counselor in y.w. and that I would no longer be in the same ward as almost all the girls and leaders. There has been lots of crying on my part. However, I am very excited for this opportunity for Cory to serve and to have new people in our ward to meet. There are still lots of people in our ward that we know so it will all be okay.
So 2 weeks ago I was the busy one in my calling and now Cory is the busy one times a thousand! They have to fill all the callings for a ward in a short amount of time. But at least they can meet at the church and not a secret location like they had to last week....lol!
So that means no girls camp and no trek. My summer just suddenly opened up. Okay, I guess there is a chance Cory and I will still go on trek, but right now thinking about that is not a priority.
There are bigger fish to fry and they seem to cook better in an open fire:)