Thursday, December 8, 2011

sewing.

Ahh, I have a computer again. If it wasn't past midnight I'd upload some pictures and try to catch up, but...later.
Earlier this week I was looking through my craft container (my cedar chest at the end of my bed) and found some material me and the boys had bought over a year ago with the intention of making pillow cases. It was all washed and neatly folded. I turned to Parker and asked him if he wanted to learn how to sew. He said sure. That kid is up for anything! So I taught him how to measure, pin, cut and get it just right to sew. Then I got him set up at the table with the sewing machine and gave him all the proper instructions. He did a practice run on a scrap of fabric and then it was time to sew the pillowcase. I stood next to him and just made sure the fabric stayed straight while he ran it through the machine. He did it totally by himself! It was one of my favorite mom moments ever. And to add to his excitement the bobbin ran out of thread half way through, so we had to wind the bobbin. Pure excitement!
He was so proud of his new pillowcase that he made all by himself....he's already planning his next sewing projects. I see a few more pillowcases in our future:-)