Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wind.

I haven't had a computer for a couple of weeks. Makes blogging a little difficult. Our laptop crapped out and had to get a new hard drive...yadda yadda! Thank you iPhone for making this post possible while in the comfort of my bed. I was about to set my alarm for the morning when I remembered that school is cancelled for tomorrow due to all the wind. Parker always wanted a snow day, but tomorrow he gets a wind day and he's pretty happy. Mostly because he wants to go to Subway for lunch. We probably will, that kid is a born salesman:-)
I wonder how many trampolines blew into the Great Salt Lake today. Cory said probably 700 or so. Give or take. Cory was driving down a residental street and a trash can was blowing along side him and actually going faster than him. We thought we left the wind behind us when we traveled home from South Dakota for Thanksgiving. Wyoming and South Dakota each have a PhD in "Windology" if you will. We are such one-uppers here in Utah. As we were returning home after the 11 hour drive Spencer said "Mom thanks for taking me to the Wild West!" I love that boy!
We got our Christmas tree and decorations up yesterday. Then our beautifully decorated tree tipped over twice tonight, I stepped on one too many ornament hooks and I almost cancelled Christmas. But to make up for my feisty mood I ran and grabbed a dozen doughnuts for the family. Mataya promplty ate the chocolate frosting off of two of them. Atta girl, she's got just enough Blackwell in her:-)