Friday, December 5, 2008

A great Thanksgiving......

This is an apple pie I made for Thanksgiving. It turned out so good and it tasted good too. I had never made the filling from scratch and I did this time and it was a crowd pleaser. I had made one the Monday before for Parker's "Thanksgiving Feast" for preschool so I had a practice one under my belt. I never got to taste it, but Parker said it was good and that was enough for me.
We love Grandma and Grandpa Blackwell's house. It is the best place for kids. They can play outside with no worries. It's nice to come here and relax.
The crazy, fun boys. Tommy, Spencer, Parker, Cooper, Campbell, Carter, and Beau. We are just missing little Luke. That's all the boys!
Lexi sure loves her Grandpa. She is the cutest, sweetest, most beautiful little girl in the world. I am so in love with her. I am so excited that I get to be her babysitter on Monday's starting in a couple of weeks. Every time I look at her my heart melts and I love those cheeks. Spencer always says, "So cute". You got that right little buddy.
We all bellied up to the table to make these little gingerbread houses. It was fun. The kids really likes squeezing out the glue, it got a little crazy, but thankfully it is easy to clean up. Grandma Blackwell knows how to do it up right! She's the best we love her.
My mom and dad are really amazing, they do so much for other people. They are so kind and they love their family and they let us all take over their house over Thanksgiving and while it is crazy and loud I know they love it. They went the day after Thanksgiving to St. George to work in the temple Friday night and then got up at 3:45 a.m. Saturday to be back ready to go at 5:30a.m. They are truly amazing. They are the best examples of living righteously and doing what the Lord asks of them no matter how hard and no matter the sacrifice. They always have and I don't know what I did to deserve them. I am so blessed!!