Wednesday, August 19, 2009

frontrunner, trax, museum...oh my!

I am officially a rock star: 3 kids + public transportation = an exciting day. Spencer is holding his dragon and covering his ears as the train came by, it got a little loud. Thank you Allison for carrying Mataya onto the train! We've gone on Frontrunner a few times, but this was the Ryan kid's first time.....and it was exciting! Cute girls! Grandma and Heather. We are glad that g.g. joined us for our crazy day! Love this girl! Getting on Trax with a big stroller: that was a unique experience! Good thing we had 4 adults to help with 2 strollers to lift them on and off. We stopped off at the Gateway by the water fountain to have lunch. We were jammin' out when they did the water show with the music. Watching...... Playing...... Crying.......okay so this is a random boy that was running around and he totally got sprayed right in the face and ran away crying and I thought he was the cutest kid. On a side note his older brother pulled his pants down and peed right there amongst the water and innocent bystanders when we first got there. One word comes to mind when you witness something like that: classy. My little Spencer. He only wanted to eat chips and animal cookies for lunch. I mean I can't blame him animal cookies are delicious. My cute boys! No one had a meltdown all day, including mom. For that we are grateful. After lunch it was off to the Church History Museum. Such a cool place. This is an original sketch of the Salt Lake Temple. How the pioneers ever built it is beyond me! Angel Moroni! We watched a little bit of a video and at the first the narrator asked if we would think of a place that makes us really happy. Parker ran over to me and whispered in my ear, "I'm imagining that I'm walking with Jesus." Yea, this probably isn't allowed, but Spencer had to have his moment with "Aslan". These girls are riding in style. We made it to the kid area and as we were walking in Spencer said, "This is the best day ever!" Then he ran over to the baby dolls and grabbed this little guy and was walking around with it saying, "my baby is poopy, he needs to be changed." We built temples....... Dressed up......... This was by the nativity scene. Spencer is holding some gold the wise men brought baby Jesus. Spencer was calling it a trophy. Operation: Frontrunner........a success!