Wednesday, December 16, 2009

a burger, the book of mormon, and good times

Spencer was just like the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz who needed courage and had to find it somewhere. He found his in a little place called Kangaroo Zoo. We had the boys birthday party there in March and Spencer was so afraid to go on anything. He would've just sat there if it weren't for his best buddy/cousin Marley. But this time we went back and it was a success. I ran around with him for the first 30 minutes and helped him climb up and slide down things. I could not contain my excitement as you can see it on my face. Parker is Mr. Fearless.
The boys wore their Kangaroo Zoo t-shirts from the party so they each got a free slush puppy. It was perfect for our little red-faced, sweaty boys. After we took a little break and re-hydrated, Spencer and Parker were off again and I stayed with Cory. Spencer had no trouble going on everything. It was awesome to see him not be afraid and just do it. It was great that I could go on the bouncy things. It says you can't weigh more that 150 pounds, and last time we were there I was 7 months prego and weighed just over that so let's be honest I was a little excited to play with the boys this time around.
The little girl hung out with Daddy and had a great time.

So the whole reason behind the trip to Kangaroo Zoo was it was our reward as a family for finishing the Book of Mormon. We started out last year and slowly, but surely we finished on November 22, 2009. It has been a great experience for us and we have grown as a family and have had a stronger spirit in our home. So we finished it one day and then started over the next. It's a pretty good book I don't think you could ever read it too many times:)

I remember after we had Mataya and we got home and were all together again and we sat down to read and it was a challenge to suddenly have another person to manage and still read. It was a struggle, but we read every night and I'm so grateful for an awesome husband that is right there by my side as we try to teach our children what we know to be true.

So our reward would not be complete without a stop at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. Mmmmm, so good! Sometimes you just need a big ol' burger.