Sunday, December 13, 2009

embarrassed....to say the least

Friday night was Cory's work Christmas party. It was at Rodizio Grill. We had a big room and we ate, and had a comedian/magician, which was pretty entertaining. Then some ladies from his office were passing out little gifts to everyone. Then suddenly this guy shows up:

Mr. Santa Claus. What a pleasant surprise.....but look closely at him.

It's Cory!

So this had been in the works for a few weeks and it was supposed to be a surprise, but a few people found out beforehand. (because of me, I didn't know it was supposed to be a surprise, Cory forgets to tell me things sometimes:)

He did an awesome job. He was so funny! I think he was funnier than the comedian. He was giving gag gifts to the CEO, CFO, the president, and some other people in the office. He joked that he hoped he would still have a job by Monday.

So I was standing by the side during his little act because I wanted to get some pictures of him. We told Parker and Spencer about it and they really wanted to see pictures. We had to tell them that Daddy was just pretending to be Santa to be funny and give gifts to people. So he is finishing up and he starts to leave and I see him walking towards me and at first I think 'okay, maybe he will give me a little kiss', but little did I know he was coming at me with crazy, Santa eyes! He grabs me, dips me down and is kissing me. As if that wasn't bad enough, he then slaps me on the butt so hard that it really hurt. So he walks away and leaves me standing there with 50 people looking at me turn bright red!

I later asked him why he slapped me so hard on the butt and he said, "I wanted people to hear it!" I told him thanks for the red cheeks you gave me. I only have 4 and 3 of them were as red as the Santa suit!

I always took pride in the fact that I don't get embarrassed, but then I married Cory and it all went downhill from there. I need a little revenge for this one!

Someone came up to him afterward and said, "I'm glad my kids weren't here to see this, it would've been hard to explain Santa kissing some other lady!" Cory said, "It's an adult party I figured I would kick it up to a PG-13 party."