Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Latyon Triathlon!

I arrived bright and early at 6 a.m. to the Layton Triathlon on Saturday. I had to get my bike and everything ready in the transition area, get body marked, and be there for orientation. This picture was taken right before it started. Cory got there at 7:45 with the kids ready, fed, and he even did Mataya's hair! He deserves a lot of credit just for doing all of that and keeping the kids entertained during the race.





This was a long wait at the pool. All of the mini-sprint people are in the water swimming. All of the sprinters had to wait until the pool cleared so we could start. They stagger the swimmers every 10 seconds.




Where's Lindsay?I waited until the last second to put on my cap and goggles because they squeeze my head so much. I didn't want to have a headache before I even started. I didn't get nervous until it was my turn to get in the water, but once I started swimming it was all good.I look like a legitimate swimmer here....right?!I put my helmet on before my shirt....smooth!




Biking back in after the first 5.5 miles. Here I am heading back to the pool. This was a unique triathlon. They split everything in half and you do each thing twice so that means jumping back into the pool. It's 5 transitions, but I thought it was kind of fun.




Back out on the bike!





It was a great run course. It was a cloudy day, which made it even sweeter!




Crossing the finish line!Olive Garden for dinner!



And this cute boy will make his racing debut in September doing The Dirty Dash! Stay tuned:-)



This was such a fun race, I'm so glad that I did it! I've missed doing triathlons I haven't done one in a few years.


A big THANKS to Cory, I couldn't do it without him;-)
Check out the next post about Parker's triathlon!