Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Parker's First Triathlon!

I made this sign for Parker as a surprise and when I pulled it out of the truck he was so excited to see it. We don't call him PJ, but his friends at school do and he loves it....so I went with it.

Here we are setting up his bike and gear at the transition area. This kid was so excited and ready to race.

Getting body marked.
Eating a few Starbursts while he waits for his turn to swim. He really had his head in the game!

He's up next to jump in.

Cory was on one side of the pool and me and Mataya were on the other. I was holding his sign up and he could see it as he swam.
And the lady with the pink shirt and the huge lense on her camera....you would think her son was Michael Phelps! She was getting right in there snapping those pics. There were a lot of us nerdy, overly excited parents cheering from the sidelines.

Go, Parker, Go!



A quick 1 mile on the bike. I ran the .44 mile run with him and I carried a Gatorade and camera with me. I captured this picture and shortly after he told me he thought he was going to throw up. I said, "welcome to the wonderful world of running!" LOL!

Crossing the finish line!
Way to go PJ....you really do ROCK!