Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Little Helper

I really love that Parker is so willing to help around the house. He will often surprise me and clean the whole family room by himself. It is really cute! He loves to help me in the kitchen and lately he loves helping clean the bathrooms. I started cleaning his bathroom yesterday and he saw me take out the rugs to shake them and he said, "What are you doing?" I said, "I'm cleaning your bathroom." He then replied, "Not without me you're not!" There was no stopping him. I have to admit that the little control freak inside of me would rather do it myself and do it "my way" than to let him help. But I've learned with kids you have to let all of that go and let them be a part of it because it teaches them important lessons and it can be fun if you can remember to be patient while they spray the same spot with cleaner 25 times!
And I love this picture. It is Parker on the kitchen counter wearing his apron and underwear. It's like preschool meets Food Network Chip 'n Dale style!