Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Parker's Family Home Evening

Parker taught us his first Family Home Evening lesson. Earlier in the day I had planned what we were going to do for family night. I reminded Parker it was Monday and he said, "Can I do the lesson? I have an idea." I thought okay this could be interesting.





So he made four people on paper and they had frowny faces. Then he made four people of rocks and they had happy faces. And the blow dryer represent the "storms" in life. The paper people are sad because they don't make good choices and they don't go to church. The happy people are living the commandments and doing what they can to stay anchored. So he turns the blow dryer on and the paper people blow away.





It was so cute to see him prepare this and teach it to us. The great part was that I had planned on talking about how we can make our family strong and his activity went right along with that so I think that this was a lesson we needed at our house. I think that Parker got the idea from Sharing Time in Primary and it really had an impact on him and he was excited to teach it to us at home.

I love the 2 paper people he drew on the right. One is a girl with really long hair. He said it was Rapunzel and he said, "Mom, I don't think she goes to church." And the one on the far right is a little boy with a mohawk.

I look forward to many more lessons taught by Parker!