Thursday, October 15, 2009

f.h.e.

For Family Home Evening on Monday we did a lesson about the watchman on the tower and how he can be up on the tower to see if there is danger up ahead and warn people. I did a demonstration with little army men and one of them was on the tower to warn the others about the bad guys approaching. I had a very captive audience with the army men and marshmallows...pure genius!! After the lesson we each got to build a tower with marshmallows and toothpicks. Spencer's doesn't exactly look like a tower, I think he said they were little machine guns:) Parker's motto: "Go big or go home!" He really got into the tower building.
Mataya's tower. When I was preparing this lesson and I made this little one to demonstrate, it took me back to high school geometry when we had to build different shapes with marshmallows and toothpicks. Afterwards we got to eat our marshmallows and this led to daddy throwing them to see if the boys could catch them in their mouth. Good job Spencer! I think it's going to make it in. He even had his eyes closed!
We didn't want her to feel left out:) It's not mean to throw mini marshmallows at a baby right?! I mean, for all she knows, they are just soft little pillows.