Wednesday, October 21, 2009

it was only a matter of time....

Parker has H1N1.
Or as it's known on the streets "Swine Flu".....the last available swine flu vaccines were given on Tuesday in Davis County. 10,000 people showed up, there were 1400 available. I decided not to take me and the kids because I knew our chances would be slim.

The reason there is such a shortage is that there weren't enough vaccines ordered. Who is responsible for the amount ordered? *President Obama......that's change I can't believe it.

Anyway, we've got Parker quarantined in his room. He's on his top bunk with food, movies, and beverages. I worry A LOT about that kid because he has asthma. He had pneumonia and a bronchial infection when he was 9 months old and hospitalized for 3 days. It's scary to see your child so sick and struggle to breath and I know the swine flu can hit people hard that have other medical conditions. We are just hoping and praying that it is mild for him and also hoping that the rest of us don't get sick....especially 4 month old Mataya.

They call me the "Hand Washing Nazi" at my house, but sometimes it's just not enough....he's in school so it was really only a matter of time. We left the doctor this afternoon with a prescription for Tamiflu and Wal-mart didn't have it. Walgreens didn't have it. Thankfully Albertsons did. So all you parents out there....if your child has a fever there is a good chance it's H1N1 and a fever indicates that it's contagious. Get to the doctor and have them tested.

So Parker, I hope you get well soon lil' buddy!

*I swore I would never mention Pres. B.O. on my blog, but it happened. I guess Cory is rubbing off on me:)