Monday, May 24, 2010

future missionary.

Parker gave a talk in primary today. Cory had been at a meeting before church and he walked in the door and Parker was wearing a white turtleneck and plaid button up shirt over it. We were just about ready and out the door and Cory said, "Wait, isn't Parker giving a talk today?" I said, "uh, yes." He said, "He needs to wear a white shirt and tie then."
I start to get huffy (as any mother of 3 would who has busily been getting everyone ready while her husband is at a meeting). But he made him change and was telling him that even though he doesn't hold the priesthood he needs to dress like he does.
Even though I was getting impatient, I later looked back on that moment and appreciated Cory taking that moment to teach Parker something important.
My handsome Parker! This was taken after church and I tried to get Spencer in there too, but he was done for the day complete with dirty looks and yelling. At least I had one willing participant:)