Monday, May 9, 2011

dinosaur park field trip.



Spencer's preschool had a field trip to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden today. It was a rainy day and it looked like we were in for a wet, cold morning. But I knew we had to go because there was no way I would be able to talk Spencusaurus out of going:) So I wrestled Mataya into a long sleeve shirt and jacket and off we went. This is a picture of some of the kids from his preschool.


I managed to lose Spencer 5 minutes into being there. I was helping the teachers carry some food for lunch and I thought he was with our group walking to the picnic tables. I realized he wasn't there and started to walk back to find him. Then I heard on the intercom "Attention ladies and gentlemen, we have a lost child his name is Spencer and he is carrying a Spider man umbrella." I got there right after the announcement and the lady said she was impressed with how calm he was and he stayed right where he last saw me. Good job Spenc!After exploring the park for a while we got to make a craft and learn more about dinosaurs. Here is Spencer coloring his triceratops for his puppet.Mataya liked sitting in the chairs with the big kids. And she really enjoyed using the glue sticks. She is all about the messy stuff!Mataya managed to splash in every puddle she could find and by the end has soaking wet socks and boots. It didn't seem to bother her because she ran right along with the other kids and had a fun time.We got to have pizza, salad, bananas, juice, AND cookies at the park. It was really fun and as you can see Spencer was very excited about his big piece of pizza.Spencer only had 2 more weeks until school ends and then it's the big graduation day! I LOVE LOVE his preschool! The teachers are amazing and do so much with the kids and teach them a whole lot. I really love teachers especially on field trip days....bless their hearts!