Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Dentist

So Parker had to get some cavities filled at the dentist this morning. They didn't totally knock him out, but they gave him a little "tonic" of sorts to help him relax and the dental assistant called it Spiderman Juice...pretty cool!

The medicine started to take effect and Parker would just stare at me and laugh uncontrollably. He kept saying that I looked weird and he would laugh at everything I would say. They took him back and he got his teeth done they all said he did a really good job and I went back when he was finished to get some instructions and I had to carry him out to the truck because he was a little wobbly and out of it. It was no small feat carrying that 45 pound child out with me being 6 months pregnant, but we managed okay.

I was hoping that once we got home that he would want to lay on the couch and relax and watch some tv, but I quickly realized that it would not be the case. I felt like I was babysitting a drunk midget. (not that I really know what that would be like) He kept wanting to show me that he could walk and he would run across the living room and fall down and laugh and get back up and do it again. At one point he was heading right for the fish tank and I went after him in a panic, but he fell to the side of it and ended up safely wedged between the couch and a big toy airplane. He also kept trying to talk to me, but he said his tounge wasn't working and when he would talk it was very hard to understand because he was slurring.

He is starting to act more normal thank goodness. I knew he was feeling better when he demanded some chocolate milk and Spongebob. This has been my first experience with my kids getting dental work done.....and so it begins!