Monday, February 9, 2009

Goooood Drugs!

It took Parker a couple of days to get back to normal from the dentist visit. He had bit his tounge badly and it was sore, but he is doing well. A couple of night ago Cory was watching a show where DEA agents bust drug users (quality t.v.) Parker became interested and asked him what the show was about and Cor told him that people take bad drugs and it's illegal and they have to go to jail.

Parker - "Daddy what are drugs?"

He then went onto explain that there are good drugs that you get at the dentist to help you not feel pain when they work on your teeth. But that people sometimes take drugs all the time to feel crazy and that that is a bad thing.

So I was totally unaware that this whole conversation took place while I was making dinner in the kitchen. Cory was happy with how he explained the whole drug thing to Parker.

Parker walks into the kitchen and very proudly says to me, "Mom, I got some goooood drugs at the dentist!" This was very puzzling to me since I never mentioned the word 'drugs' to him in regards to what they gave him at the dentist.

This tends to happen often in our house where Parker will say something to me and I quietly think to myself, "where did he learn that?" Then I realize that he gets information from him very well-intentioned father!