Monday, February 1, 2010

another craft, really?

I made this little boxwood topiary! I got the idea from Tales and Trials. (You can go there to find a step by step how-to).
I modified mine a bit. I used mod podge and paper to cover the pot instead of paint. And she suggested using a stick from your yard, but I don't exactly have any of those. The oldest tree in our yard is 4 years old and we planted it and I don't think the hubs would've appreciated me sawing a branch off of it! I just used a wooden dowel and didn't have any dark paint so I wrapped it with brown ribbon.
The greenery took a while to do because I had to stick the little pieces in one at a time. Cory sat and watched me do it and he was just shaking his head the whole time and he finally said, "I'm sitting here watching you do this and I just want to throw that little ball in the air and shoot it with a gun!" Thanks, babe!
Sorry if you are sick of seeing all my crafty posts. Mataya's room is looking so cute, I'm finally excited about it! And another thing, I made this for under $6!