Monday, February 22, 2010

cheese toast vs. smoothie


Over the weekend I had a hot date with Cory at Sizzler....jealous?! Okay, we had an annual adult, family dinner. We were packed in a banquet room that was loud and hot, but it's always good to see the fam. So, I really love their cheese toast and I ate almost 3 pieces, that crunchy, cheesy topping is so good. So on the drive home I was playing with Cory's phone and he has this app. on there that is a calorie counter that you can look up different restaurants and see the nutritional value. So I look up Sizzler and discover my cheese toast and baked potato I ate totaled 1,000 calories. Plus I ate chicken and a salad. My eating priority has always been with bread so the love of cheese toast comes as no surprise.

So with that said, I had to balance out the weekend with some power smoothies.

I made some Sunday morning and everyone said they liked them. I made one this morning and it contained the following: frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, skim milk, protein powder, milled flax seed, fresh spinach, and a little bit of honey. I figured out the nutritional value of my 16 oz smoothie and it had 251 calories, 38 grams of protein, and 8 grams of fiber....plus a lot of other great vitamins and nutrients. I'm trying to get buff so I think this is a step in the right direction.

Now I feel just a little better about my cheese toast rendezvous.