Thursday, February 18, 2010

napping and dental work.

So here we were yesterday at the dentist. Parker had to have a double root canal on his two front top teeth.....sad face:( He fell in the bathtub a few years back and banged his teeth really hard. So both of them are "dead" and one of them was abscessed so both teeth were done because the other one would eventually become infected. They gave us the option of removing the teeth, but I didn't want a toothless little boy for waiting 2 years for his permanent teeth to come it.
And Spencer in true form got cozy on the waiting room chair with Mataya's blanket. The office manager came out and saw him and said, "move him to the couch and I'll get blanket." So I moved him over and he continued to sleep for another 45 minutes.

And the little girl was just being cute sitting on the floor playing and eating snacks.

I have to brag for just a second about my boys. Spencer had a small cavity filled last week and then Parker had his root canals and the dental assistants kept telling me that they were so good getting their work done. One gal came out and said she had never seen a 6 year old have that kind of procedure done and be so good about it! I am so happy that they don't spaz out, so to speak. I once saw a little boy about 5 spit in a dental assistants face and he was just getting his teeth cleaned! Parker was very nervous about it, but he did great!
Parker came out and acted just like his self and asked if we could go get a smoothie. I told him we could and was it okay if we went to McDonald's because I had a coupon. To which, he replied in a whiny voice, "I really want Jamba Juice." Spoiled! I thought that would be okay because of the whole root canal thing he just went through:)