Sunday, November 21, 2010

family fun.

Back home to our cute kids. Our flight landed at 11:30 on Friday night and Mataya first saw me early on Saturday morning around 3 a.m. Cory's mom brought her in because she was crying and she didn't know what to think of me. She wanted Grandma to hold her, but she wanted to look at me and her look told me this, "Hey, I just realized you've been gone for a while...what's the deal, lady? And you just expect me to come running into your arms all happy and such?" She had middle-of-the-night wild hair and eyes so it was to be expected.
We came out on the couch and sat for a minute. I just sat next to her hoping she would warm up to me. She kept looking and me and staring. I was so tired and I started nodding off sitting there and I felt a little hand patting my cheek and I look over to see Mataya with a big grin on her face. She did that several times...what a cutie.
Phew....we're friends again! Here in my daughter wearing footie pajamas, a puffy vest, jacket, and boots. She puts together some strange outfits.
Cory's parents stayed a couple extra days once we got home and we went to temple square and explored. Here is Mataya pointing at a cool fountain next to the new Deseret Book.
In the south visitors center there was a Christmas tree. Here is Parker doing his best pose. (Uncle Aaron would be proud:)
We got to hang out with our cool cousins and celebrate Mitchell's 2nd birthday. I love Spencer's frosting mustache.
Mataya wearing her new fav vest "texting" on my phone. Oh dear, what kind of example am I being to my kids? Cory sent his parents (on the right) and their friends visiting from California on a carriage ride around temple square. A little "thank you" for watching our kids!