Tuesday, November 16, 2010

no spam for these cruisers.

We went on a cruise last week. It was a work thing so Cory had to go to a couple of meetings and do a presentation, but we had plenty of free time as well. We had Grandma and Grandpa Jones come to our house AGAIN for the week to watch the kids. Bless their little hearts!We got on the ship in Miami. Here we are relaxing and getting prepared to eat for 4 solid days:)


Tuesday we woke up in Key West. We came here on a cruise for our honeymoon, but didn't really see any of the island so we wanted to really tour it this time. Here I am with a sponge guy.

I think this guy is checking me out:) Riding the trolley car through Key West for the grand tour. The whole island is 2 miles by 4 miles wide. I asked Cory, "How could anyone train for a marathon if they lived here?" He said, "They probably don't." I realize that's a strange question to ask, but I was just wondering...lol!
Taking in some of the local flavor.
Wahoo! The southernmost point in the USA!
This is the southernmost house in the USA. So exciting....I guess you had to be there:)
We got off the trolley to walk around and explore. We went to a little cafe for a bagel and this was our view from our table. Pretty cool!
Cory went deep sea diving and this is what he caught!
Okay, maybe not! I took this pic for the benefit of my boys they have a deep rooted love for sharks and all things that live in the ocean.
I wish I could've bought one of these. They are fossilized Megalodon teeth. The big ones in the middle were over a thousand dollars! (Megalodons were prehistoric sharks that were enormous and lived millions of years ago! Just in case you didn't know and don't have little boys obsessed with dinosaurs and sharks and all that good stuff that live at your house:)
In this same gift shop we found something that I wanted to get for Parker. It's a crocodile head! I should post a picture, but when we got home and were giving the kids their gifts I had the croc head in a bag wrapped in paper and before I even opened it Parker said, "I really hope it's a crocodile head, I've always wanted one!"
I guess it's good we got him one:)

The houses were very cool. Even the new homes looked old that's just the style they build there. The tour guide said when there is a hurricane they can have up to 6 feet of water covering the whole island and people ride jet skis in the streets!