Friday, June 5, 2009

Mataya's First Day

Thanks to our laptop and hospital Wifi I am able to post this while still in the hospital. Gotta love technology. Here are some pictures of Mataya's big day yesterday.

We checked into the hospital around 7 a.m. The nurse got the pitocin going around 8 and I was still happy before all the pain started:) She is just perfect!

I'd like to give a shout out to the nurse who delivered our little princess. It all happened so fast, which was awesome because I got to eat lunch and I was just hoping to be done by dinnertime. The doctor was walking into the hospital as she was born so he missed some of the action. But he made it in to finish things up. When it was "time" Cory put his hat on backwards and was ready for the action! When she was born it was love at first sight. She looks so tiny when he holds her.
I am in love!

I had a hard time the last 2 weeks of this pregnancy and I knew it would be worth it. We feel so blessed that she made it here safe and is healthy. My heart is so full and I want to thank all our friends and family who called and were concerned for me and for everyone who was praying for us we appreciate that so much. My Grammy and Papa were in the temple when she was born and I talked to them when they got out and told them the good news and they were so happy and said they put my name on the prayer roll. I'm so grateful for the power of prayer and my family who is so supportive and wonderful. She got to have her first bath and she was not very happy about it.
We had some special visitors. This is my grandma that lives in Kaysville. I'm glad she lives so close she is an angel.
Grandpa Ray, Lexi, Melissa, and Mataya. Lexi is checking out her new cousin. Parker and Spencer came right after she was born, but I didn't get any pictures of it, but I took some today of them that I will post later hopefully. When the boys came in to meet their little sister Spencer was smiling so big and looking at her really close. Parker told me, "Mom, I feel like this is a dream, but it's real!"
That's exactly how I feel! I feel like my life is a dream because it's so sweet! Welcome to our family, Mataya Mae, we know our lives will never be the same:)