Friday, March 6, 2009

HOGLE ZOO

Melissa and cute little Lexi. This was Lexi's first time to the zoo so it was kind of a big deal. I think she had fun.....and by fun I mean she really loved being outside!
We got to go to the zoo. We went on the last free day of the season so it was a little busy, but not too bad. Emilee came up with the boys so we had to keep them busy and do fun stuff while she was here.
This was the first thing they ran in and saw. I think it was a bunch of turkeys.
I think Spencer was secretly hoping they would have a big cage with a dinosaur in it.
This little monkey checking out this little monkey:
The elephants...a must see! We had fun, but my boys were so ornery. Spencer just wanted to see a rhino and all Parker cared about were spider and snakes.
"Um, what are we looking at?"
Checking out the zebra's or "Marty" if you will. Luke joined in on the action and got up close to see them. I was very happy on this day because Spencer wore real shoes not his little crocks he likes to wear, but actual shoes it was great.
We tried to get them all to sit on the rock wall and get a picture. Luke was ready and posing, but Beau wasn't feelin' it.
This is proof that I was actually there that day. I'm not in a lot of pictures because I'm the one taking them. It was such a nice day there. It was cloudy and not very cold so we were glad, it actually started raining right as we were leaving so we timed it perfect. What's more fun that riding a big, metal rhino?
They couldn't wait for the train to come. We were told to stand on a certain spot, but the boys were practically falling onto the tracks.
Finally made it on the train, and not a moment too soon.
Introducing....my chins! Parker is such a little goofball he always makes weird faces in every picture.

We had a very fun afternoon. Mel and Lexi hung out by our strollers while we rode the train which rivals the excitement of riding Frontrunner by the way.