Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kangaroo Zoo Party

We decided to do a combined party for the boys this year at Kangaroo Zoo in North Salt Lake. What a fun place we invited cousins and some friends and the kids had a blast. I think we had 13 kids there and the parents. We did the whole thing, bounce golf, the party room, and we even got a personal visit from the kangaroo himself which totally freaked Spencer out and you will see the pics later in this post.
Happy Birthday....yeah right! So this picture was taken moments before we left for the boys birthday party. Spencer was tired and royally ticked off at me for trying to do his hair. I stood him up to the sink in the bathroom and he jerked away from me and bumped his chin on the counter drawing some blood. We were all a little hyped up for this one so we just had to get out the door and then everyone was fine and happy.
Ahh, that's better. That's the Spencer we know and love. The cute less angry one.
The kids climbing up to go down the big slides. Being pregnant and all I exceeded the weight limit by a few pounds thanks to the 25 pounds I've gained so far. So I couldn't join in on all the fun....ahh man! Not that I would go on them, but I would like to have had the option.
Luke, Melissa, and Beau.......wait for it.....
It's looks like we have a winner. Luke was a little hesitant at first, but I think he warmed up pretty quick. We were so glad to have Marley there, she is 4 months older than Spencer. Spencer was a little nervous to do the climbing and sliding, but once she got there he followed her everywhere and he was going down huge slides. It was so great. She was the fearless leader.
Allison, Madison, Morgan, and I think that's Spencer in the background. I had a hard time taking pictures of the kids because they were moving around so fast I would snap a picture and it would be a blur. Lexi's first birthday party. She is pulling that face because she was a little bummed that she didn't get to join in the bouncy fun.
Happy Birthday boys! Parker and Oakley waiting for cake.
This picture is crooked, but I love the red frosting lips. He wanted a huge piece of cake with the red balloon frosting and that's all he ate. He wouldn't even eat the pizza we had he was holding out for frosting. He's got some Blackwell in him for sure! Our host came up to me while we were eating and asked if she should bring the Kangaroo in. She was worried that some of the kids would be scared of him, but I told her it would be fine and I knew Spencer would be that kid that was scared.
This is him clinging to my leg. All the other kids ran up and gave the kangaroo a hug, but Spencer is a little more leary of such characters.
Gathered around for the present opening. It was a very fun time and I'm glad we were able to do it for them. We had a host that helped us throughout the day and she took the presents to our room and got us water and cups, and a knife to cut our cake and she was very helpful the whole time. We were leaving our room and we loaded our cart up with the gifts and leftover cake and she put it in the office until we were ready to go. So Cory and my dad head into the office like 5 minutes later to get our stuff and our host is eating a piece of our cake! Her face turned bright red and she had a mouthful, they were laughing so hard, but we didn't care she helped us out a lot and it's not like we would notice some missing cake.