Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Parker had a fun day at school on Monday, he learned all about St. Patrick's Day and why we celebrate it. "Happy St. Patrick's Day little lads! To find your pot of gold you must do what you're told!"
Cory drew the leprechaun...pretty impressive. I made the shamrocks which he made fun of and I told them that if our kids don't already know that I'm not artistic they will soon find out. I like to do fun things, it just might not look too pretty.
The boys woke up the morning of St. Patrick's Day to find that a little leprechaun had left little shamrock clues all over the house. It was a treasure hunt they had to find their "pot of gold". As you can see from the picture that they were eating what was in the pot of gold and they couldn't stop chewing long enough for me to take a picture. Parker loved the treasure hunt, finding the clues and running all over the house and outside, Spencer just really loved the candy.

We had green pancakes for breakfast. Not very creative, but Spencer loves pancakes!

Later that day Parker had soccer practice. He started practices last week and so far he really loves it. He wanted to wear his new soccer shoes to school, but I told him it wasn't happening.

Spencer played on the park next to the soccer field while Parker had practice. I don't know where Parker got this from, but I didn't wear any green (mostly because I don't have a big green maternity shirt) and he kept pinching me in the armpit! I thought a good old pinch on the arm or something would do, but no he kept going right for the armpit.