Tuesday, May 5, 2009

26 days...not that I'm counting

I thought I would write a little prego update for friends and family who I don't get to see very often. I am counting down the days until this little girl gets here. I've been very blessed throughout this pregnancy. I feel like it has gone by really fast and I've felt great and continued to exercise and do all the other things that I need to.


We finished painting the boy's room and got them moved it. They were very excited.


I had to add this one on. Parker wanted to get an action shot of him jumping off his ladder.

Next we are onto the other bedroom which currently has blue stripes on the walls and has wainscot that is halfway done. So it will be more of an undertaking, but we are going to primer the walls some night this week and hopefully get it done. I'm sure there are a lot of people that get their baby's room done months in advance, but that's just not how we roll. We would like to get things done sooner, but Cory is so busy with work and being scoutmaster that we just have to do things when we get a spare day here and there. I think someone should come up with a service called Hire-a-Husband to do jobs in the house and the yard. They could make a killing on us Mormon ladies that have busy husbands. Just think of all the wives of bishops out there that could use the service:)

At my last appointment the baby was measuring 37 weeks so she's a little bigger than average. She was at 6 lb 2 oz. She will probably be around 8 pounds which is right about where my boys were when they were born. My doctor told me that I'm a little bit anemic and to take an iron pill everyday. I thought about that after my appointment because lately I've been craving the smell of dirt, oil, and weird things like that. I felt a very strong urge to eat some dirt. Which is awesome because I did eat some dirt as a kid so I know what it tastes like. So anyone out there that feels like licking rocks you might want to consult a physician as a more serious medical condition may be present.

So hopefully I will be posting pictures of the baby's room before any pictures of the baby. Keep your fingers crossed!