Friday, May 22, 2009

One year ago

One year ago my life was very different. I got a gym membership for Christmas last year and January 1, 2008 I started working out a lot. I was honestly so excited to be able to go and work out and take the boys and they loved going so it made it easier on me. Melissa and I were making plans to be in some races so I needed to get my butt in gear.

I love to workout so I was grateful that Cory spoiled me with a membership and a cool road bike to help me on my way:)

I put on a t-shirt recently from a triathlon that we did May 31, 2008 and it was tight on my baby belly and I had to laugh because my due date is May 31, 2009. What a difference a year makes!


Me trying to make it up the hill.
This is a picture from a dualthon Melissa and I did last May at Antelope Island. It was honestly the hardest bike ride of my life, but also very fun. There was a huge buffalo on the road and it was a little scary, but kind of cool. This was my first race with my new road bike and I really miss riding it. Parker will often ask if we can go for a bike ride. So now he says things like, "Mom when you are done being pregnant let's......" He has a long list of things we need to do when mom is 'done' being pregnant. This was a great run because it was on a super flat highway. That made up for the super crazy hills we had to bike on.

Cory and the boys had fun hiking around and throwing rocks in the water waiting for us to finish the race. I look forward to 2010 being another active year!